The Holman Household

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday Randoms: Potty Training Day 1

Today is Lilly's first official day of potty training. She woke up about 7am and has been in panties ever since. I told her there were no more diapers and she must have understood that because she started off really well. She didn't have her first accident until almost 11am and I think it was because she was busy playing outside and didn't want to come inside. She just had her second accident about 2:45pm. She was past tired and just didn't want to go potty when I tried to take her. A minute later she wet her panties... all over Daddy! I could tell she was a little embarrased and/or disappointed that she wet them because she was trying to run away and didn't want me to change them. When she goes she is so proud of herself. Especially if she goes and sits on the potty all by herself.
She is now asleep and I hope she will make it through her nap. She already does a lot of days. I just have to be quick to get her when she wakes up. She is in REALLY thick panties with a plastic liner so even if she goes it should hold it. I hope she will keep it up. We did go down to our neighbors house with potty in tow for a little bit just to get out of the house and she went twice while we were there. Wish me luck as the battle continues. Since she is my first I don't really know how many accidents are normal at first or how long it will take. Hopefull she will mostly have it down in a few days at least during the day. We can worry about night time later.

No comments:

Post a Comment