The Holman Household

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday Titles: Duck Duck

Like I have mentioned before we usually go to the library once a week to get new books for Lilly. This past week we got a book called "Have you seen Duck?" by Janet A. Holmes and illustrated by Jonathan Bentley. I picked this one because Lilly Loves ducks. She absolutely loved this book! The little boy loses his stuffed duck and looks for him. Lilly gets so exited when we get to the page where the duck is found. She screams "DUCK DUCK!". The pictures are nice and it is short enough to hold the attention of a young child.



As for an adult read... I haven't read this book lately, but I have read it 3 times along with all of the other books in the saga. My sister originally recommended the books to me. I was a little skeptical, but after reading the first one I was hooked! They are a very quick, clean read. It is the ultimate love story and Stephenie Meyer is an excellent writer. Have you guessed the book yet?


"Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer
If you haven't read this book yet, it is a must read. It is about a young girl moving to a new town to live with her Dad so her Mom can travel. She is not looking foward to the move, but wants to so she doesn't hold her Mom back. She is the talk of the small town and an unconventional love story is told. When reading the book you feel like you know the characters personally because of the writing style. Once you finish the first you won't be able to wait before getting the second so you may want to already have it on hand. I finished all 4 books in less than 2 weeks (Before Lilly was born. The first time I read them.) If you have seen the movies and not read the books, you don't even know half of the story.

Here is Lilly at Edventure yesterday in the fire truck:

No comments:

Post a Comment