The Holman Household

Monday, June 20, 2011

Mommy Monday: Fishing

Last week was awful for me and it wasn't just because of potty training. Brendan somehow ended up filling in for 3rd shift all week! So when I was home and he was asleep I had to try to keep Lilly quiet and I couldn't vacuum, ect... Then, we started potty training on Wednesday. Whew! Tomorrow night a neighbor friend and I are going for coffee and some shopping. I am looking foward to the much needed break! Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Lilly, but sometimes I do need a little time to myself. She is definately in the "terrible two's" phase now. I can't even count the number of times we heard "I want it!" or "I do it!". If she didn't get here way she pitched a fit every time.

Saturday morning we took Lilly out to the pond and let her do a little fishing. She was so excited. She kept saying "Fish! Fish!". When we reeled on in (with her Barbie rod and reel) she would run over to see the fish and then would say "in water" over and over until we released it. She would tell the fish bye-bye and sometimes blow it a kiss. Of course the potty was in tow:


Lilly still has accidents, but she understands that she is supposed to use the potty and she is going longer between trips. When we are home she prefers not to wear her panties and I don't always make her for now because then she can run to the potty by herself if she needs to, which she did a few times yesterday. This morning she started to go and then realized what she was doing and stopped. I rushed her to the potty and she finished going there. I guess she will (I hope) get better this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment