The Holman Household

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday Tip: Granite Cleaner


I am trying to think of more creative ways for me to keep up with my blog other than just Lilly updates. So I am going to try to post more often with different things.

We have granite counter tops in the kitchen and baths at our new house. I had just been using windex or whatever surface cleaner, but they didn't have the new shine anymore. I remember seeing granite cleaner at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, but I hated to spend a lot on it without knowing if it actually worked. Luckily, I didn't have to!
My wonderful neighbor and new friend was given a formula for a granite cleaner by her sister. It's super easy and works great!

What you need:
-a large plastic spray bottle (I found one at the dollar store, but you can get them anywhere.)

-rubbing alcohol

-dish detergent (whatever brand you have is fine.)

-tap water

That's it! Fill the bottle to the neck with tap water, add a 3-4 drops of dish detergent, and 1/4-1/3 cup of rubbing alcohol. Shake it up and you are ready to go. You can wipe with a paper towel or any cloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment