The Holman Household

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Potty Training

Since my parents will be on a cruise week, I will be home for 3 consecutive days before the weekend. Brendan goes crazy being stuck at home on a weekend and we have just had too much going on to actually stay at home for a weekend to effectively potty train. She goes a lot of the time on the potty and is especially good about going "poo poo" on the potty and actually tells me some of the time that she needs to go now. If I put her on the potty and she has to pee she will, but she gets distracted and doesn't actually pay attention when she needs to go. Of course she is still in diapers so she probably sees no need to use the potty. She is usually dry in the mornings unless she wakes up in the middle of the night and always dry when she gets up from a nap. She can obviously hold it from the time she wakes up until I get her and take her to the potty.

So here is my game plan:
Starting Wednesday morning... She will wear her "big girl panties" I stocked up on some extras today at the store. I don't think pull-ups would be as affective because they are essentially just a diaper. I will probably use them at first when we go out of the house and at night.
I will take her to the potty at least once per hour and look for cues that she needs to go. I'm going to make sure all of my weekly errands are already done and the house work may fall behind, but if it works it will be worth it. I am hoping she will be potty trained by Saturday (at least during the daytime).

Wish me luck! If you have any tips feel free to share!

A cute story about Lilly. We go to the library about once per week and get new books to read before bed. They don't have a large selection at our branch library, but it changes weekly. I got one book about a duck going potty mostly because it was about a duck and Lilly loves "duck ducks". It's called "Duck Goes Potty" by Michael Dahl. We were reading it tonight and everytime we got to a page where Duck had an accident she said "uh oh!" and actually tried to pick it up of the page and put it into Duck's potty. When we are on the page where Duck's Mommy tells him there will be no more diaper she says "no diapers (in her own pronunciation) Duck Duck!" I think this week we will get another potty book if they have one.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! Update us after the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I can't even begin to think about potty training yet!! But it would be nice before the next baby gets here :) Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt a tough task, for working parents in fact its necessary to get the baby trained as soon as possible to get independent. People looking for some help go for the link,
    Potty Training Problems
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete