The Holman Household

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Fives: 5 years of bliss

Today Brendan and I will celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Time has flown by and we have been through many changes in these short five years. Brendan went back to school to get his engineering degree. I graduated from USC December of 2006. We welcomed our sweet baby girl Lilly into the world December 2009. We have bought our first and now second house. I hope the years to come will be just as great!
Brendan let me go pick out a Coach bag and shoes last week (Coach sent a $100 off coupon in the mail... How could I resist?) and do a little shopping with his friend's wife this week. I think that was my present, but I'm not complaining. Here are my 5 things.

1) The Coach bag I got: AUDREY PATENT LEIGH SLIM TOTE


I was trying to decide between the Gold one and this one. I ultimately went with this one because it would work for any season instead of just Summer and the patent leather is much easier to clean

2)The shoes: CECILE FLAT in black.



I wanted the brown ones, but since they were on sale my size was completely sold out in all stores.

3) A pair of J Brand Jeans:



Can you believe I got these for $30! They retailed for $188.50 at the boutique, but they were at the Basement Boutique 2 doors down for $30. I guess it was because of the few sizes left. They fit great and I love the color.

4)Running/workout Skirt: Triks Gym Girl Ultra



I have several of these skirts. I love them for running because they look better than shorts and there is no chaffing! They are also great to just wear around the house. They come in lots of fun colors and patterns or in the tried and true black.

5) Running shoes: Women's ProGrid Kinvara



Brendan got these shoes for me early in the Spring. I love these shoes. I don't always wear them when I run because they MAKE you go fast! They focus on a more natural striking motion and you have to conciously think about your form until you get used to it. They are very light and comfortable. Of course I have the pink ones. I don't usually wear them when pushing the jogger because I know I won't be running as fast. If you are looking for an easy way to improve your time a little these are great.

1 comment: