The Holman Household

Friday, August 6, 2010

Racing through the milestones!

We went to the beach this past weekend and before we left Friday I told Brendan that we need to lower the crib when we get back because she is trying to pull up and she can almost sit up on her own. Well, we did it just in time because when we got back Sunday evening she started getting to the sitting position on her own and saying gaga and making a "K" noise. She loved her crib being lower and that she can actually sit up when she wants to. She thinks it's a big game. Then Tuesday on our way to be we peeked in her room like we do everynight to check on her and she wasn't asleep at all. She was standing up holding onto the crib! I have come in the nursery to her standing a few more times since then. We just worry about her hitting her head. She still hadn't crawled yet, until yesterday afternoon. She wanted to get my shoes so I moved them a good ways out of reach. She decided that the only way she was going to get then was to crawl to them. Sure enough, she crawled over to them on her knees. She doesn't really like to crawl yet. She would much rather stand up. I'm sure she will get the hang of it more soon and be all over the house. We better do some more baby proofing! One thing she hasn't done yet is say Dada. She has moved all around it but just won't say it. Brendan thinks she is playing a trick on him. I also ran 6 miles pushing Lilly Tuesday. I was so proud of myself because that is the farthest I have run with her by 2 miles! I would like to be up to 10 miles by myself be the end of the month for my long runs. I will keep updating as Lilly is doing new things. I think we are going to go to the zoo this morning even if we just have to see the indoor exibits! Have a great weekend! I will post some pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment