The Holman Household

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Story time!

Lilly has started to love books in the past week or so. She is always crawling to her basket of books and pulling them all out. She likes to flip the pages back and forth and will actually listen to me read her a story as long as it isn't too long and has lots of colorful pictures. We went to the library this morning for baby story time and she really enjoyed it. At the end she started getting a little fussy but I knew that was because it was close to nap time. Unfortunately, the lady leading said that it is the only baby storytime they are doing, but we could check the other libraries to see which ones may be offering one. I checked the website, but it says that the same library is having baby storytime starting back up in Sept. even though the librarian said they would be starting toddler storytime then. hmm... I guess I will have to check again closer to time or give them a call. When we got home she ate then went right to sleep and is still asleep. I'm sure she will wake up soon, but at least I am caught up on house work for the most part!
I have also signed up for "Mom's timeout" at Riverland Hills Baptist Church. It is 2 Thursday mornings a month. There is a Bible study for us Mom's and childcare for Lilly. I'm nervous about leaving her with new people, but I know it will be good for me to have a little break for myself to meet some other Moms. Tomorrow we are meeting a friend and her baby boy to hang out. So that should be fun!


As far as the "crying it out"... It is very hard for me, but Brendan doesn't even see the point (of course he isn't the one who has to put her to bed or get up everytime she wakes up during the night). He makes me feel so guilty so it really hasn't worked for us... yet. I did try it for her naptime Monday and she did go to sleep after crying for about 30 min. I went in at about 25 minutes into it and she was of course standing up crying. So I layed her back down, covered her up, and left the room. She was asleep just a couple of minutes later. Then at night after about 10 minutes Brendan went in and picked her up... Maybe eventually it will work out for us.

3 comments:

  1. I just started a bible study this morning! Winston had to be put on a waiting list because they didn't have enough childcare workers, but I am hoping they will have enough by next week!

    I'll keep praying for you about the whole cry-it-out thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Mom's TimeOut! I'm so happy you're doing it too:) You will love it and so will Lilly - their nursery area is awesome and the ladies are all so good with children:) I hope Lilly soon learns to fall asleep on her own without much crying - I know how hard it can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start reading to E more. W loves to read and I think it's because I read to her so much when she was little.

    P.S. I tagged you in a post tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete