The Holman Household

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fruit Basket

Last week I was eating some blueberries and Lilly kept acting like she wanted some too. So I peeled the skin off and gave her a little piece. I'm not sure she actually like the blueberries, but she wanted to keep eating them because I was eating them. Then a couple of days later she wanted the grapes I was eating so I had to share my grapes. If I didn't give her a piece when she was ready she would let me know by grabbing for the grapes herself. I have also let her try a piece of strawberry and banana since then. She seems to like them all. She absolute loves to feed herself the Gerber puffs and she gets mad if you put them away before she thinks she is done. I try not to give her too many of them because I would rather her eat more of her vegetables.

We went to the river for a run this morning and there was a small festival going on so we walked around for a little while for something to do because Brendan went in to work today. When we got home I knew she was tired, but she didn't want to take a nap yet. I fed her some fruit and oatmeal and then tried to get her to go to sleep, but she just kept playing. Then, I tried to rock her to sleep since she was getting fussy because she was getting too tired. That wasn't working so I figured I would give the cyring it out a try since there wasn't much else I could do for her. She crys so loud and then starts coughing so I ended up leaving her door cracked so I could peek in without her seeing me. I did have to go in twice to lay her back down and she eventually layed herself back down and went to sleep after about 30 minutes. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. 30 minutes is good! That's great that she's eating some table food... I need to start Winston on some! He loves puffs too :)

    ReplyDelete