The Holman Household

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lilly's first mountain trip!

We had a great trip in the mountains with our friends Derek and Rachel. We visited the Linville Falls, Linville Caverns, Blowing Rock, and Brendan, Lilly, and I did 2 trails at the Upper Creek Falls. Lilly loved the trip and especially loved the caverns. When she gets excited she makes a hooo hooo (like an owl) noise and she did this and kicked her feet the whole time. Even when the tour guide was talking. The trails at the upper creek falls were very steep in some places so I carried Lilly in the baby bjorn and it worked perfectly. I also got a great workout! We were able to make smores by the fire and really enjoy the mountains and cooler weather. I hope we can go again soon!

Lilly has also learned to wave and play peek-a-boo. Last Wednesday I noticed that she was waving to 2 different people in a row, but I thought it was just coincidence or by mistake, but this weekend she waved to almost everyone that came over to talk to her. Then last night when she was supposed to go to bed I could hear her playing in the crib then she started to fuss. I went in to check on her and she was so excited to see me. She immediately put her blanket over her face and I thought she may be trying to play peek-a-boo so I said, "Where's Lilly?". She then pulled the blanket down with a big smile and I said, "Peek-a-boo. There's Lilly!". So then she put the blanket back over her face. We did that a few times and then I picked her up so I could try to get her to wind down enough for bed. She was so proud of herself!

At the Gamecock Parade:


Here are some pictures from the mountains:


No comments:

Post a Comment