The Holman Household

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Time for rice cereal!

Last night we decided to go ahead and let Lilly try rice cereal for the first time. I expected her to spit every bit of it back out after talking to other moms, but she surprised me. She didn't seem to mind the first bite (other than the strange texture) and I think she swallowed most of it. The next couple of bites she spit out at least as much as she swallowed, but it was a good start! We will try it again tonight to see if she gets used to it. My Mom and Grandmother kept telling me that it would help her sleep better at night. That may be why we were so anxious to try it once we got the okay. I don't know if it was because of the rice cereal or if it was because she was tired from her shots, but she slept better last night. She was asleep by 9pm and woke up once at 3:20am to eat (which the Dr. said is okay for her to eat once a night)and didn't wake up again until 7am! She was only getting up once a night most nights until about 2 weeks ago so hopefully this will be the new normal. Maybe she was getting too hungry and needed the rice cereal. I will post some pictures and maybe a video later. We are going to the Carolina baseball game tomorrow night and Saturday so I will have to take lots of pictures of Lilly's first Gamecock sporting event. I am also attempting to make a dress for her to wear to the game Saturday. Hopefully I will finish in time!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't started E on it yet, I started W on it around 7 months. Glad she likes it! :)

    ReplyDelete