The Holman Household

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

We went down to Beaufort for Lilly's first Easter. Brendan has been dying to go to the beach since last fall, but between baby showers and being too close to my due date we haven't been since last Summer. I got off work Friday and Brendan was off so we went down Thursday night. My Mom rode with us and my Dad came down Friday morning. We of course also had Harley, Isabelle, and my parents 2 chihuahuas in the car with us. Lilly was so good in the car. She played for a little while and then fell asleep until we got there.
Friday, Brendan and my Dad went fishing and my Mom and I spent the day with Lilly and took her to the pool. We lathered her up with sunscreen and sat in the shade most of the time. I did take her over the the kiddie pool to dip her toes in, but she didn't like her toes in the water! The water was probably still a little cool even though it was almost 90 outside. It was so nice to have a full extra day with Lilly when I didn't have to spend getting the house cleaned and errands run for the week. Saturday Brendan and I took her into downtown Beaufort to walk around and shop. The weather was beautiful and Lilly fell alseep after a few pictures, but Brendan and I enjoyed the time together. Here are some pictures:

Lilly and me testing out the baby pool.

worn out...

Downtown Beaufort

Loves her Daddy!

Lilly sitting on the cannon

Smiling big for the camera!

Sunday morning we went to the Easter Sunrise Service on Hunting Island. The service was at 6:45am so it was a very early morning, but it was worth it because the sunrise on the beach was beautiful. Lilly was quiet and just looked around during the short service. The only bad thing were the sand gnats. They were everywhere and we had to keep Lilly covered so she wouldn't get bitten. When we got back from the service we gave Lilly her first Easter basket! She kept looking at it I guess because of all the bright colored toys. No candy this year! Brendan did get candy in his basket though so he was okay. All of this pollen has really gotten to me and I am limited as to what I can take. I am looking foward to the rain later this week and I usually don't like the rain. Here are some pictures from Easter Sunday:

walking to the sunrise service on Hunting Island

Family pic after the service

The Easter Bunny came!

Trying to sit up on her own

I hope everyone's Easter was as good as ours! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment