The Holman Household

Monday, April 12, 2010

Lilly's first race (after being born)

This past Saturday morning Brendan's brother asked if we wanted to do the Palmetto half marathon or 5K since he was working it. I knew that I was in no shape to run a half marathon because I haven't been running as much as I would like, but we decided to do the 5K. I was nervous because I haven't run more than 2 miles since last Summer or Fall... sad I know. Since stroller were allowed Lilly got to go along for the ride. I pushed her a little past the half way point and then Brendan wanted to take over so I could go ahead since he wasn't feeling well from his allergy medicine. We all three finished the race and I won't even post my time because it is embarrasing, but it was under 30 min. and I did run the whole time. Maybe now I can get back into the swing of things and run more often now that she does fine in the jogger. The stroller we have is so easy to push and is very smooth riding. It is almost TOO smooth for Lilly because she likes to go over bumps in her other stroller. Since we had to get up so early I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures other than from the even website. I may have to order just 1.

One reason it was so hard to get up Saturday morning was because Lilly did not sleep well Friday night. She kept waking up and getting frustrated because she is trying to roll from her back to her stomach and she couldn't quite get it. When I walked into the nursery she was on her side straining to turn all the way over. She was able to do it Saturday morning when I was playing with her, but once she gets on her stomach she doesn't really like it. I am hoping she doesn't master the skill too quickly because that will be one more thing to worry about at night. I hope everyone has a good week and hopefully Brendan and I will get some more running in this week!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Ashley! That's awesome! I'm hoping to run more this week too. Just wish some rain would come and get rid of some of this pollen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having a hard time with the pollen, too! Hopefully we will both get some rain.

    ReplyDelete