The Holman Household

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lilly's Big Girl Room

I finally have a new computer so I can post more with pictures. A couple of weeks ago Lilly's "big girl" furniture was delivered so she finally has a room put together just for her since we will be using the nursery furniture again for her baby sister. Here are some pictures: I made the bed crown from an upside down planter and some tulle like glitter fabric that I just had to sew a seam in and gather. She has so many bows that I had to find a better way to store them so I can actually find which one I am looking foor. These were over her crib. She "helped" me paint the brighter colors on them so they didn't look so babyish. I have also redone her bathroom decor since we now know we can have a girly bathroom! Lilly is into mermaids so I did some cute mermaid appliques on the bath towels. Everything else is just pink and white girly stuff so I can change it later if I want. The only thing left is pictures for the wall, but I am not sure what I want to do yet. I love making things. Especially when it involves sewing! I have made several things for the baby lately, but I didn't want to leave Lilly out! I have made her a couple of apron knot dresses. She loves them and thinks they are like princess dresses. One reason I love making clothes for her is that she is so excited to try on what I've made and proudly tells people that "Mommy made it!" Here is one of them: Some updates about Lilly... She is still very active and bursting with personality. She doesn't meet a stranger. She talks to EVERYONE! She is very interested in shadows lately and sometimes worries when she cannot find hers inside. She is mostly potty trained, but occassionally still has a accident if she is really tired. Lilly is really excited to be a big sister and she talks to my belly all the time. She has also decided that she has a "big brother" in her tummy. Her baby sister moves around all the time now. We have finally decided on a name, too! She will be Evelyn Grace. Now I just have to get her nursery in order...

No comments:

Post a Comment