The Holman Household

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hello again!

I know I have not posted in forever! My laptop is about to die so I dread getting on it to do everything because I have to restart it several times just to do little tasks... Just a quick summary of everything from the past couple of months. We will welcome another BABY GIRL in September (around September 20th to be exact...)! Lilly is really looking forward to being a big sister and predicted (actually insisted) it was a baby sister before we even found out. The ultrasound tech actually told us that children 3 and under almost always predict correctly. We went to Disney World at the end of April/beginning of May. We visited Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. To say it was an action packed vacation is an understatement. We had a deluxe meal plan so we tried to take advantage of all the character breakfasts. Lilly enjoyed them all, but of course her favorite was lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table in Cinderella's castle. Cinderella is her favorite princess, followed by Belle, then Sleeping Beauty, then Ariel. If you have a little princess this is a must do for at least one meal. The princess breakfast at Epcot was great, too. Since Lilly's favorite is Cinderella we also did a dinner at one of the Disney resorts where Cinderella, "Prince" -as Lilly calls him, the stepmother, and stepsisters walk around. She would not get to close to the stepmother because "she is mean". She also enjoyed seeing Mickey Mouse and the rest of his gang. At Hollywood studios we did a Disney Jr. character breakfast where she got to meet, Oso, Handy Manny, June (from Little Einsteins), and her favorite of all.... JAKE! She was so amazed to see all of them because she loves watching Disney Jr. and of course to here they were all real. I will eventually upload pictures to Facebook. I hope we are able to go again soon! I have been sewing more and I got a serger machine for Mother's Day! It saves a lot of time on some projects. I even made myself a maxi style maternity dress from a free online tutorial yesterday morning. It did take me about 3 hours, but without my new serger it could have easily taken 4! I think I could cut the time down to an hour and a half if I make another one since I am familiar with the pattern now. I found the knit like fabric on sale a few months ago for only $2.95 a yard and bought 3 yards. I made the dress with 2 yards so it only cost about $6 in materials and I made a yoga style skirt for Lilly and myself with 1 yard. So about $3 for both skirts! You cannot beat that! I will definitely be checking the sale racks again at the fabric store so I can try another one. Only one picture for today, I will try to do better next time! This is us at Magic Kingdom (me 20 weeks pregnant)

No comments:

Post a Comment