The Holman Household

Saturday, September 25, 2010

CIO night #1

So this past week I finally got Brendan all the way on board for crying it out. It was starting to get out of control. I was getting up more with her now than when she was 6 weeks old! Usually the fourth time I got up I just put her in the bed with us because I needed some sleep, too. Brendan wanted to wait until last night so he wouldn't have to work the next day. We knew she was going to be very stubborn with this as she is with everything. Once she is determined to she doesn't give up. We decided an hour was the max time we would let her cry (We knew she wouldn't be the 10-20 min. cryer, unfortunately). When I put her down she was almost asleep, but I didn't want her completely asleep because that would defeat the purpose. The second she realized I was putting her in the crib she started waking up more and of course crying. She cried for 1 hour and 1 minute. We didn't go in and check on her because when we attempted to try it in the past I realized that it was only making it worse and when we left again it was like starting over. So we would just go to her door and listen. After she was good and asleep I went in to check on her and make sure everything was okay. She woke up once in the middle of the night, but only whined a little for maybe 5 minutes. She woke up this morning at 5:45 and was ready for the day. A little early for me, but much better than getting up with her all night. Hopefully tonight she won't cry so long.

This morning Brendan had plans to play golf, so I took Lilly to the Irmo Okra Strut! She liked watching the girls dance in the parade. Then we walked around for a little while until she had fallen asleep. It was already 90 degrees out so we left then. Maybe we will go to the Vista this afternoon for the Viva la vista event. There is so much to do this weekend In Columbia! The mud run is also today. I did it the year before I got pregnant with Lilly. It was a lot of fun and very messy, but I hope to do it again one day! I hope everyone else is having a great weekend, too!

1 comment:

  1. That is great Ashley!! Especially for the first night! What time did you put her down? I am so glad Brendan is finally letting you do this :) I've heard it can get harder to do after the 6 month mark...but we were past it when we started too. Hope tonight goes even better! :)

    ReplyDelete