The Holman Household

Friday, September 10, 2010

Busy September

This is starting out as a very busy month! We watched the first Carolina Gamecock football game of the season this past Thursday. Lilly was awake for the first touchdown and she started clapping because she knew we were excited. She was so cute! Labor day weekend Lilly and I went to the beach with my Parents, brother and his wife, and sister and her boyfriend. I think Lilly is teething again and her nose started running a little while we were there. She also didn't want to sleep because she didn't want to miss out on anything. Did I mention there were also 5 dogs in the house (not including my 2 that stayed at home). Whew! It wasn't much of a vacation for me. The most enjoyable part was my Sunday morning run. My brother, Luke and I ran 12 miles from Harbor to Fripp and back. The run wasn't as difficult as I expected and was actually relaxing. I realized on the run that it's time for new shoes though because I could feel the road too much. I think Brendan is the one that got the vacation. He stayed in town to dove hunt.
Lilly has been saying Ki Ca for kitty cat. "K" is definitely her favorite sound right now. She has also started saying Papa a lot more. I know that makes my Dad happy because that is the name he picked for himself. Over the weekend I was trying to entertain her while I was feeding her and I was telling/asking her what the different animals said and she tried to imitate meow a few times. It was so funny. She did it for about a day and then lost interest in it. While we were at the beach she also got her first chance to practice climbing stairs. We don't have any in our house, but there are carpeted stairs at he beach house and she is really good at climbing them. I now know to watch her closely around them because she goes right for them.
We went to My Gym again this week and Lilly really likes that she can crawl around and climb on things and I don't have to worry about her getting hurt so much. Last night she was up a better part of the night. I guess it's teething. She isn't running a fever or anything, but she has been fussy. I will be glad when the top teeth pop in and she will be over it for a little while longer. She wasn't so bad with the bottom 2 teeth. I finally ordered new running shoes today and plan to do another long run tomorrow. We are going to watch the game with Brendan's brother's family tomorrow night. I made some "Cocky" cupcakes! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment