The Holman Household

Monday, June 14, 2010

What's been cooking?

I really hadn't had much time to cook until now, but I have been cooking dinner most every night. I have tried several new things that I'd never done before. Some are embarrassing since they seem so basic. I have baked a whole chicken, pan-fried pork chops and made gravy, made meatloaf, and Mississippi mud pie. Everything so far has turned out well. At least I think so and my husband is probably too sweet to tell me otherwise. I'm glad that I am at home more now and I can practice cooking. I enjoy it, but some recipes are intimidating to me since I haven't tried them before. Tonight I am cooking mahi mahi (that we caught) to make fish tacos.

Speaking of intimidating. Keeping the house clean. Since I am home I feel that it is my job to keep the house clean ALL the time. It is a bit frustrating because it is a never ending job. When I think I am done I think of 10 other things I need to do also. I am working on letting some things slide. I am also getting the hang of our schedule and how to make the best of my time during Lilly's naps.

Lilly now rolls over all the time. Before I really had to work with her to get her to do it by teasing her with a toy. Now if she doesn't want to be on her tummy anymore she just rolls herself over. When she is sitting and she can't quite reach something she will prop herself up on one arm, and end up propped up on her tummy so she can reach. She shows no signs of crawling yet, but she sure does kick her feet when she wants to get somewhere. So far she didn't like her peas, liked sweet potatoes okay, didn't like the squash very much that I made her last week, but she seems to like the carrots the best that we tried Saturday night. I just steamed them, added some of her milk to them and blended them really well. She actually opens her mouth sometimes for carrots. Lilly also has her 6 month check up tomorrow (even though it is about 2 weeks early). Of course I am dreading the shots as usual, but at least she won't have to get them again until December (I hope!). I will update after her appointment tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

  1. That is great that you have tried all those things! I consider tacos and spaghetti the basics...so you are doing great with a whole chicken and pork chops :)

    ReplyDelete