The Holman Household

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Overdue Updates

It has been over a month since I have updated! Lilly has been growing up so fast! Both in size and in smarts. She speaks in full sentences most of the time now and loves to sing. She can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Jesus Loves Me", "ABC's", "Wheels on the Bus", "Patty Cake", and at least parts of a few others. She has even learned the hand motions for some of her songs. She still likes Barney, but she has also decided she likes some other shows just as much. Like "Calliou", "The Wiggles", and "Chloe's Closet". She says "Ninny!" when she sees Chloe because she looks like a cartoon version of herself and we told her she looks like Lilly. She can count to about 14 or 15 before all the numbers start sounding the same. A lot of times we call her little boss because she can be very bossy and will ask for exactly what she wants, when she wants it. Her little friend next door can be the same way, so it is funny when they try to boss each other around and it doesn't work. They do play really well together and my neighbor and I love to listen to their conversations with each other.

We have been trying out a new church for several weeks now. I went to a Mom's program at the church last year (and again starting this school year) so Lilly is familiar with the nursery rooms. That is the reason we started visiting this church over others. She cries when I drop her off, but when we pick her up she is playing and doesn't even realize we are there until we talk to her. This past Sunday her teacher told us we couldn't take Lilly. Of course she was only kidding and went on to say that Lilly was a mess! Lilly is probably one of the older kids in her class and she talks nonstop so I am sure they got an earful from her. When I was dropping her off in the nursery this past Thursday for the Mom's group she told me she had to go potty or actually "I need to go poo-poo". Which can also mean she has to pee, but she had just peed so I figured she really did have to go since she hadn't been yet that morning. So I went into her classroom with her to the little bathroom and she just tricked me! She knew that way I would stay with her longer.

We are still working on potty training... She has lots of days now where she only has 2 accidents and she is very capable of holding it when she wants to. Like when we are in the grocery store she will go before we start shopping and then again afterwards before we go home. We took her to the Greek festival Saturday and she didn't have a single accident while we were there. I took her to the potty about every hour to hour and a half and she held it between. When we are home is a whole different story. She is very inconsistant then. Sometimes she tells me and sometimes she will go use the potty by herself without even telling me. Brendan was shocked when the other night she walked over to her potty, lifted the lid, sat down, and peed! She does that all the time when I am there. I think he didn't really get that she knows exactly what to do, she is just not doing it every time. The worst is when she is getting tired. She puts no effort into using the potty then and actually refuses to sit on the potty only to have and accident 2 minutes later. She does keep dry some nights and during most all her naps now so I will just keep working with her...

My little artist loves to paint and color!


She was trying to put my make up on while I was getting ready, so I figured I would help... we went for an over the top Toddlers and Tiaras look. Haha!


At the USC scrimage practice before the season started.


Lilly looking like a big girl! Daddy had a hard time with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment