The Holman Household

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Tinsley Ava

My niece, Tinsley Ava was born last night around 9:45pm. My sister went to the hospital Thursday night and the Pitocin was started about 7am yesterday morning. Tinsley weighed 7 lbs and is 20 in. long. Mom and baby are healthy. We were there last night, but we left about 11pm because Lilly was past ready for bed and we didn't know how much longer it would be before they brought her back to the room. We did get to see her weighed and measured. We took Lilly to see her this morning. Lilly loved seeing Tinsley and talked nonstop about "baby". She didn't want anyone to hold Tinsley except for me and insisted on being right beside her. We did let her sit by Allison in the bed while Allison had Tinsley. Lilly cried and cried when anyone else held her, but eventually calmed down when she realized that we were going to let her sit in the bed with Tinsley. My Mom reached to pick Tinsley up and Lilly said, "NO! NO NOMA!" and pushed my Mom's arm away as hard as she could! When my Mom picked her up anyways she started crying so hard and saying, "I want my baby!". I had to walk her out in the hall and talk to her. The only way to get her to stop crying was to take her back to see "baby". She even sang "twinkle, twinkle little star" over and over to her without anyone telling her to! Looks like she will make a good Mother in the future. I can only imagine how she would act if it was her brother or sister!

Here are some pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment