The Holman Household

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally moved!

Everything went well and we closed on our new house this past Thursday. I haven't gotten the camera out yet to take pics, but I will soon. We used Minute Man Movers in Irmo to help move most of the stuff, but they took 6 hours instead of the quoted 4-5 and didn't get as much as I hoped. I would probably use another company next time because at $78 per hour I thought they should have been moving a little more quickly. Did I mention that an hour of the time was spent driving from our old house to the new one? Brendan left 30 minutes after them and got there within minutes of them. They also finished up 15 minutes early and still charged for the full hour. Other than that everything has been fine. We have moved most everything over now and I have the downstairs and Lilly's room completely unpacked. I should have everything else done by the end of the weekend! Now, what to do with all these empty boxes?!?!

Lilly has transitioned well into the new house. She loves her new and much bigger room so she has plenty of room to play. She didn't sleep as well the first few days/nights, but seems to be pretty much back on track now. Another big accomplishment: She is FINALLY weaned! She hasn't nursed in over 72 hours now! She wasn't happy about it at first, but now she may ask and when I tell her all gone she sort of gives up and takes her cup of milk instead. I am glad this is done and it wasn't near as bad as I might have expected. She says so many more words now and picks up on everything very quickly. We were hoping she wouldn't figure out how to open the cabinets in the new kitchen since they don't have handles or knobs, but she walked right over and opened them right up. Oh well...

We love our new house and the area! We were also very blessed to get a very good offer on our old house Sunday night, that we of course accepted Monday! It is set to cose at least by the end of May (of course as long as everything goes okay). That will take a lot of pressure off of us and our budget won't be as tight. This just shows that God has his own timing for everything! I will post some pictures after I finish getting everything organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment