The Holman Household

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Packing...

I am long overdue for a post, but I have just been so busy with getting ready to move and keeping up with Lilly. First, I will start with a Lilly update...

Lilly now says just about anything you say and it only takes her a couple of times to learn what the meaning is. She is very active. Her favorite game is paying chase she likes to run and have you chase her while she screems in delight. She really likes to do this when we go to My Gym. She can climb in/onto this platform that is surrouded by bars and thinks it's funny watching me run from side to side to make sure she doesn't climb out. She loves to slide. She loves animals and isn't afraid of anything! We took her fishing at the pond and Brendan helped her catch a small fish. She immediately grabbed a hold of it and didn't want to put it back. She gave the fish a kiss and got really upset when Brendan let the fish go. She makes a funny "turtle face" everytime we ask her about a turtle. When we ask her if she likes Clemson she shakes her head and says "NOOO!" usually followed by a "Go Cocks!" She likes to say this phrase alot! :) She had her 15 month check up March 7th (she won't by 15 months until the 28th.) I'm not sure why they scheduled so early. She weighed 19lbs, 14 ozs (16%) and 31.25 in. tall (57%). I asked about her weight, but the Dr. assured me it was great. It is probably on the lower end because she has been walking/running around for a while and that causes a dip in weight. She also said that Lilly is talking on the level that they expect out of a 2 year old. Which also explains her temper tantrums. She gets very mad when she doesn't get something she wants or when you take something away from her that she shouldn't have. Now, in the grocery store when she wants out of the cart she says "Out!" and says it over an over until she comes out. Thankfully she usually doesn't do this until we are in the checkout line and I can just try to leave her in until we are done. She is still nursing and is reluctant to give it up. Her Dr. says to wait until we move and try to do it cold turkey because she may be distracted by her new surroundings. I'm not convinced this will work, but I am willing to give it a try.

Our closing date is set for next Thursday, March 24th. We did our pre-walk though Monday to point out anything we want fixed/redone. It was mostly just painting so they should definately be done it time. I just hope the bank has everything together. Bank of America seems really slack and we heard from a neighbor that they held up their closing because they didn't have everything ready. I have tried to stay on top of them so this doesn't happen, but all we can do is wait and see. I have been boxing things up lately, but I have a long ways to go still. Today I am going to see how much I can get done with Lilly's help and our goal is to have everything done this weekend except for things that we have to wait on. I just hope everything goes smoothly and we can get everything moved in by the end of next weekend so I can get things organized soon. I will try not to wait so long before my next post.
I will upload pictures later.

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! I looked at some of your pictures of the house on Facebook. It's beautiful! Ray and I bought a house and are closing on the 31st...just a week after y'all. :) We are moving after living in an apartment so it will definitely be a nice change! Good luck with packing and moving. I hope everything goes well on the bank's part!

    ReplyDelete