The Holman Household

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy New Year!

Okay... so we are well into the new year now, but at least it is still January! I have been trying to get reorganized from the holidays. Lilly had a wonderful Christmas and Birthday. I still can't believe she is already 2! She continues to grow smarted and cuter every day.

I'll start with Christmas Eve. We went to my in-laws house that morning for brunch and to open presents with Brendan's family. Lilly had a good time playing with Cason. She still asks about him all the time. She got a big "box" house to decorate from her Grandma and Grandpa. It isn't made out of cardboard so it can be used indoors or out. She also really like the cash register set from her cousin. That night we went to Riverland Hills Childeren's service. Lilly sat through the whole thing and really liked seeing the live animals outside afterwards. Then, we went home to make some cookies from Santa. I guess I did not make enough the first time around because they were all gone! At bedtime, we went to bed with her and actually fell asleep ourselves and at 10pm I woke Brendan up. He was tired and cranky, but Santa still had to visit! Santa was very good to Lilly this year!

Christmas morning Lilly woke up about 6:30am. So we all came downstairs to see what Santa brought. She was still half asleep, but when she caught a glimpse of her new kitchen she kept raising her hands up in the air and putting them back down. I got a few pictures of this, but I wish I had videoed it! She first washed her hands and it was a while before we could get her to open anything else. She did her stocking next and was excited most about her new headbands and bubble bath. It took her forever to open the rest of her presents because she wanted to stop and play with every toy. Her favorites were: kitchen, kitchen accessories, Baby Cinderella doll and accessories, baby alive, Candy Land, and Disney Princess dress up trunk. She really liked everything. I got an expresso machine, and a nice pair of cowboy boots! Brendan's big gift from Lilly was a Coach wallet.

Next we went to my parent's house for Christmas with my family. Lilly was spoiled again there... She got playdough, puzzles, Wii games (from my sister), and lots of other stuff. Afterwards we went home for Lilly to take a nap, then visited my Granny for a little while and went back to Brendan's parent's house. It was a long, but fun day. I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.

Lilly turned 2 December 28th! When she woke up I brought some presents up to our room for her to unwrap. She got the "break the ice" game (which is absolutely loves!), a puzzle, and a Disney Princess fleece blanket I make her (All I really had to do was sew the binding on and embroider her name on it). She really liked the blanket. When she opened it she held it really close and said, "OH! I just LOVE it!" It just melted my heart and the blanket was totally worth it! Then we took her outside to see the big gift A NEW CAR! It is a power wheel type car that looks like a BMW Z4 convertible. She can barely reach the pedal, but she hops in it every chance she gets! Then we took her to the zoo. The highlight of the zoo was riding the ponies. Sometimes she gets to and sometimes they say she is too little. It just depends on who is working. We were going to take her out to lunch next, but she fell asleep! When she woke up from her nap we had a little Cinderella cake. She also got the Cinderella movie from my parents for her Birthday. Can you tell that is her favorite princess? Her party was New Years Eve at my Gym. She had a blast with her friends and was again spoiled with lots of nice gifts! I will post pics from her birthday and party later as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment