The Holman Household

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's a girl!!!

This is a little late because we have been soooo busy these past few weeks! We found out August 6th that we are having a baby girl! Lots of people told me that it is much better if you keep it a suprise, but it was still a great suprise at the ultrasound. It was one of the happiest days of my life! (Right up there with getting engaged and our wedding day). I was really hoping for a girl and that's what I thought we were having but it was nice to actually KNOW. I was amazed at how detailed the ultrasound was. You could see the heart, brain, bladder, stomach, and all the other organs. The ultrasound tech said that everything looked great!



We made my parents wait until that night to find out so we could tell them in person. It was so hard to not tell anyone all day! My parents came to our house after I got off work and we gave my dad a fishing pole wrapped up that said To: Papa, Love: Your 'lil fishin' buddy. When my Mom saw that she thought that it was probably a boy, but when my Dad opened it and saw a Barbie fishing pole she was so excited that it was a girl and my Dad may have been a little disappointed, but he didn't show it. He told my Mom that he wouldn't mind if it were a little boy so he would have a fishing buddy and not have to worry about playing dress up, but I told him that just because my sister and I are girls didn't stop him from taking us fishing with him all the time.



We left the next night to go to Mississippi to visit Brendan's parents for a week. We had a lot of fun and got to shop for cute little girl clothes. We had a great week and Brendan's parents got Lilly lots of cute clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment