The Holman Household

Friday, July 17, 2009

16 Week Appt.

Tuesday I had my 16 week appointment. I was both excited about and dreading this appointment. I was excited to hear the heartbeat-which was very good! The heart beat was in the 140's-150's. Then, I was dreading the blood work that they had to redo because they messed up the first time! This was still just as bad as the first time, but I sat a little longer afterwards and they took 1 less vial so at least I didn't almost pass out this time. At my Dr.'s office they like for you to see all of the doctors 2 times in case they are the Dr. on call when you deliver. I already know I like 2 of the doctors and would be happy with either one of them, but I had this appointment with another Dr. this time that I really don't care for. After the appointment Brendan wasn't so sure about her either, but I told him we will just have to pray that she is not the Dr. on call when our baby is born! She didn't seem very caring or sympathetic and I wish I didn't have to see her again. We get to do the ultrasound to check the baby and find out the sex August 6th and we are really looking foward to that , but unfortunately we have to see this Dr. again! At least this will be the last time! We are counting down the days! (20 days from today!) We cannot wait to know what to buy for the baby and nursery! We are going to visit Brendan's parents in Mississippi the week after we find out and they have tons of good outlet stores near there house where we can shop for baby stuff. This will be a nice trip for us to get away from work for awhile and relax.

This past weekend we went to Beaufort for the Water Festival with Derek and Rachel. Saturday we went to the Sandbar and just hung out on the water most of the day before going out to dinner. Sunday we all went into town to check out the vendors set up for the Water Festival and shop around on Bay St. Rachel and I enjoyed the shopping a lot more than the boys, but they were good sports about it. So, after the shopping was finished we all got ice cream as a treat. We had a great time!

This weekend, we are attending Brendan's 10 year high school reunion! I keep teasing him about it telling him he is getting old (although I know he isn't). The reunion is being held in Camden and it should be a lot of fun. I am looking foward to meeting more of Brendan's high school friends even though I already know his closest ones and their wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment