The Holman Household

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finding out the news!

Brendan and I found out that we were to become parents April 20, 2009. It was definately a time of strong emotions. We were both excited and nervous at the same time. Brendan couldn't wait to call his parents with the news! They were happy for us and very supportive.

Of all the weeks for my parents to be on a cruise this was the week! I talked to them a few times on the phone, but really wanted to wait until they got home to tell them. My Mom's Birthday was Sunday and when my parents stopped by our house on their way back from the cruise I told her we had an early Birthday present for her (because I couldn't wait any longer). I gave her a onsie that said "What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's". She asked if there was something I was trying to tell her. Well of course! My sister was there too and didn't catch on for a little while.

My first Doctor's appointment is tomorrow and after that we will begin telling other people our news! I am REALLY nervous about it because I am terrified of needles and I know there will be blood tests. I have never had one before and I am so glad that Brendan will be there with me for support. He has been really great and helpful these past couple of weeks. We are looking foward to the journey ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment